Our mission statement and aims
- To provide a challenging, yet supportive environment to stimulate, maintain and develop, a lively enquiring mind
- To encourage all children to reach their true potential and eventually become independent learners who value learning with and from others i.e. have a positive attitude to life-long learning
- To value application, perseverance, initiative and independence of thought and action, as well as co-operative endeavours
- To develop in children a sense of moral values which can form a framework for a sense of own worth, and relationships with others, so that children become responsible members of society
- To develop in the children a positive attitude towards themselves and others with a strong sense of self respect. Also to develop a sense of respect for other people’s property, ideas and beliefs irrespective of gender, race, disability or academic achievement, etc.
- To appreciate human achievements, failures and aspirations
- To develop positive attitudes towards and concern for the environment
To offer a broad based curriculum in order to facilitate the acquisition of knowledge, promote enjoyment in learning, and to provide knowledge/skills to equip children for work and leisure as active, confident and responsible members of a rapidly developing society.
- To develop a Daycare Centre community
- To foster close relationships between the Centre
These aims have guided the construction of our schemes of work, aims and various Centre policies, e.g:
- equal opportunities, differentiation, multicultural and gender;
- responding to children’s work, parental and community liaison;
- health and safety;
- caregiver training and caregiver absence.
By implementing these and other policies, schemes of work, curricular aims and objectives, the Centre’s aims can be put into practice.